Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Wednesday, 21st July, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Wednesday, 21st July, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 20th July, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 20th July, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Tenaz by Daniel de Fasson

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 21st July, 2021

Rouge 540 in Crystal by Baccarat

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Feve Delicieuse

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

New York Intense

Happy Birthday devilcat!

21st day of Creed Millesime Imperial
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Morning all, & Happy Birthday, devilcat!

As the heatwave continues, l'm wearing Golden Paradise & feeling very glad that l'm not at work this week.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Hello all. In truth, this is the first I have worn fragrance for days. Just too hot. But I have to go out today,day so wearing something light.

Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain.
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 21st July, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Cuir Beluga by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Happy birthday, Devilcat!

Cacharel Noa today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Happy Birthday devilcat

Arquiste - Boutonniere No 7.

huh? what?

IMG_7521.jpg

The wildfires' smoke out west have been giving our morning sun, some wild colors of red or orange lately... It's actually dark orange but, I couldn't quite capture it.

Lolita Lempicka Minuit Sonne this morning.
    Free Zoltar!!!

huh? what?

Inee, just read the news on the previous day's thread. I am so sorry to learn of such horrible news....
    Free Zoltar!!!

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Monsieur Lanvin.

Eau de Rochas in huge quantities plus Evian
    facial spray and very few clothes.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Santal Blush by Tom Ford

Hello everyone and Happy birthday to to Devilcat I've read through yesterday's and today thread, and I'm touched by all rhe good thoughts and condolences to my bf and his family. It is a horrible thing that has happened, and unfortunately he has been through the same thing about three years ago. Then his brother did the same thing I don't really know what I want to wear today, but Imight put on Tam dao or another woody scent later. It feels comforting
    Currently wearing: Messe de Minuit by Etro

(((((ineespenes)))))
    This is such horrible news. My biggest condolences for you, your bf and all his family. Stay strong, stay together.

I am back from my holiday in Corfu, it was amazing. The week just flew by.
    We went sightseeing, swimming, visiting museums and different beautiful beaches, smelled every flower and blooming tree on our way, and I also asked to photograph me near all the beautiful trees (that's my own joke for myself, as my given name has a meaning of Fir or Spruce, so of course I must pay my visit to all my brothers and sisters, haha. I think I forgot to take a photo near a cypress, a tree that is very dear to me, so it means I must go back to South next year ).
    And, of course, we ate. Greek salad, mousakka, gyros, souvlaki, various fish and seafood dishes, dolmados, baklava, frappe, Greek beer and wines, Retsina wine (I'm probably the only one I know who genuinely enjoys it, so I brought home some just for myself!), some other salads and of course lamb kleftiko (Teardrop, I remember it's one of your favourites! I enjoyed it a lot, too! I found it comparable to chanakhi, a Georgian stew that's also quite popular in my country and is also one of my favourite dishes...but Lithuanians cook it without aubergines, just mainly meat, potatoes and carrots)... I'm slowwwwly trying to shed some weight and come back to my ideal ~57 kgs instead of, eh, 10 kg more than that which creeped up onto me during the last few years, but it's impossible when everything around you is so damn tasty

We came back on Monday, but I couldn't bring myself to check in here, so I just slept, did laundry and so on.

Also, happy birthday to devilcat!
    And to everyone who's birthdays I have missed while I was away!

And also hugs and best wishes for everyone caught in a fire season, flood season or other less than fine weather season. The Earth is definitely angry. Take care.

Oh, and I wore Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic through all the last week, and today I am wearing Aqua Allegoria Ginger Piccante - but I might top it up with Les Amoureux de Peynet by Molinard when I go out to meet my best friend just in a couple of minutes.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Nicolai Angelys Pear today. It's still new to me and I'm liking it more and more. Mr. Lark and I are going out to lunch today.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

queen of the universe

The sun was glowering in our hazy sky last evening herein the 216, withholding all sunbeams. It had an implacable stillness.

Today, cloudy, 70s, a chance of rain. I cannot complain. Off to lunch with my BGBF in Eris Belle de Jour.
    Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
    Luxe, calme et volupté.

Baudelaire, L'Invitation au voyage

Blog Entries

Clockwork, what can l say? l'm so envious of your Greek food fest, but glad you had a wonderful time, & welcome back! Any chance of some pics??

After more pottering & sunlounging, l'm showered & wearing CSP Tiare.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Oh Ine, so heartbreaking. I am so very sorry. What a terrible and untimely end to a life. Please take care of yourself, and hold your boyfriend.

It's been all Mure et Musc Extreme here.

((Ine & bf))

Another day in Bois d’Orange

It's cool this morning and I am wearing Twilly. My order for an induction stove, placed in June, was canceled today and I am beyond peeved as I changed my flights to accommodate the delivery. Now delivery dates are pushed into Sept/Oct, with no guarantee that they will be honored. I think I'll hold off on all the appliances until supply chains have stabilized. First world problems.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Basala by Shiseido

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Between two pine trees

I took a break from work calls this morning to walk around our little community, just to get outside and move a bit. I need to remember how good that feels and find ways to do it more often.

I'm wearing the always-cheerful, perfect-for-hot-weather Profumum Neroli.

Sorry to hear about your stove, foxbins. First world problems or not, that is definitely annoying. Are you going to reschedule your next trip to the island or keep it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    It's cool this morning and I am wearing Twilly. My order for an induction stove, placed in June, was canceled today and I am beyond peeved as I changed my flights to accommodate the delivery. Now delivery dates are pushed into Sept/Oct, with no guarantee that they will be honored. I think I'll hold off on all the appliances until supply chains have stabilized. First world problems.
    I ordered a bookshelf, and it's been in transit for six weeks now. Just slowly moving south. Has finally made it to Florida, but they can't get it to me till mid August. I'm glad it just a bookshelf and not something urgent!

Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

We're a pair of tired old dogs, but we think we've fixed the leach field issue. We had to dig deep metaphorically and farther north-south geographically and finally located intact drainage tile. I got to play contortionist in the sticky, black sludge to replace the failed section with pvc pipe. Yes, cook.bot, it's what you think it is.

Now cleansed, I have Chanel Edimbourg on one wrist and Isvaraya on the other.
    Currently wearing: New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I got to play contortionist in the sticky, black sludge to replace the failed section with pvc pipe. Yes, cook.bot, it's what you think it is.
    Now there is a job I would definitely contract out no matter what the cost. Ewww, ewww, ewww.

This topic is practically begging for Shycat's contribution. I wonder where she is?
    Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
    Just keep going. No feeling is final.

--Rainer Maria Rilke

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing the pewter top version of Eau d'Hermes and am reveling in my own stink-stank-stunk.
    Currently wearing: Tabac Blond by Caron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast