Code of Conduct

Default fragrances wardrobe collection... repetitive or redundant scents ? Capucci, Dunhill, ...

Are these fragrances very similar to each other ?
    And if I have one or two, the other two are not necessary?
    Or for a lover of classics fougeres, chypres and barbershop scents,
    they can be worn during a same week rotation and is not repetitive or reduntant scent ?
    For the reviews that I have read I think I will like all of them, ..

I think that the rotation is something key to be able to enjoy the perfumes and
    I am easily fatigued or tired, that's why i would like to ask before.

I try not to repeat my favorite perfumes for more than two days in a week.

Versace Lhomme
    Dunhill For Men
    Dunhill Edition
    Capucci Pour Homme
    Currently enjoying:

Vintage Tabarome Prive, Floris Elite, Kouros, Paco Rabanne PH.
    Yatagan, Zino, Loewe Pour Homme, Eau de Armani PH, Boss Number One.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Default Re: fragrances wardrobe collection... repetitive or redundant scents ? Capucci, Dunhill, ...

Versace L'Homme (lemon + leather) and Capucci pour Homme (lemon chypre) are a little bit similar because of the lemon note, but Versace L'Homme is much more punchy. I much prefer it over Capucci pour Homme. The Dunhills are quite different from each other and also these two.
    September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: fragrances wardrobe collection... repetitive or redundant scents ? Capucci, Dunhill, ...

Dunhill For Men
    Dunhill Edition

IMO these are not similar.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks Freewheelingvagabond and Hednic, I see that the Dunhill are not similar.
    I will surely include and add both in my collection this year, and maybe all 4 fragrances , Versace, Dunhill and finally Capucci.
    Currently enjoying:

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    Thanks Freewheelingvagabond and Hednic, I see that the Dunhill are not similar.
    I will surely include and add both in my collection this year, and maybe all 4 fragrances , Versace, Dunhill and finally Capucci.
    Have you tried the Capucci? Honestly I don't think it would be worth it to you.
    September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Dunhill For Men
    Dunhill Edition

IMO these are not similar.
    Agreed. And both are nice scents at a modest price in the barbershop genre.....

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    Agreed. And both are nice scents at a modest price in the barbershop genre.....
    For a barbsershop vibe Dunhill For Men and Dunhill Edition could work.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Have you tried the Capucci? Honestly I don't think it would be worth it to you.
    no, never tryed Capucci. I'm not including it for now. Thanks FreeWV
    Currently enjoying:

Also tending to consider that Versace l'Homme and Capucci PH are different enough from each other to not make owning and routinely using/wearing both redundant.
    While at least one of not both of the Dunhills add more variety into the lineup, again with little to no reason to become redundant while gaining at least one more great classic and often at affordable costs too.

Repetitive or redundant scents? Never heard of them!