Code of Conduct

Default Dior Bois d`argent weak?

Tried it the other day. The sales rep sprayed on my arm. Picked up a 40ml bottle. Did get wiffs of the scent from the arm throughout the day. Next day, I used my usual 4 sprays from the bottle. And throughout the day I could hardly smell it. I seldomsly have issue with poor performance on my skin. Anyone else had this experience with said perfume?

Default Re: Dior Bois d`argent weak?

Bois d'Argent is beautiful and lasts a very long time, but it's not supposed to be a powerful, room-clearing perfume. It's perfect the way it is, IMO.

I do tend to go anosmic pretty easily to it, though, if I wear it on consecutive days.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Bois d'Argent is beautiful and lasts a very long time, but it's not supposed to be a powerful, room-clearing perfume. It's perfect the way it is, IMO.

I do tend to go anosmic pretty easily to it, though, if I wear it on consecutive days.
    Glad to hear. I am sure I`ll get used to the subtleness. I do like it a lot

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Not at all. It lasts a long time. It wears close to skin, but with a noticeable and persistent scent cloud. Luckily I'm not anosmic to it. Wonderful perfume, especially in cooler weather.

Since your bottle is new it could be that it needs some air.
    September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

The original creative director behind Bois d'Argent, Hedi Slimane, has a penchant for fragrances that are like a diaphanous veil gently surrounding you like an aura, rather than room clearing beast mode fragrances.

If you're a fan of Bois d'Argent, I recommend checking out his new venture at Celine, the Celine Haute Parfumerie collection is quite unisex and beautiful as well.

Basenotes Institution

I get about 8 hours on my skin.

I would suspect that over time, you would pick it up more and more for longer. Others will pick it up too.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Louis Vuitton On the Beach
    3. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    4. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    5. Mugler Over the Musk

It lasts all day for me, below average silage though.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Had similar experience. From my 2ml sample, it fast became a skin scent. Lastly, I emptied my 2ml (around 10 sprays) and got great performance

Most of the Dior prive scents are quite weak in my opinion.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Famously weak and subtle. While it lasts all day, it sits pretty close to the skin and even when projecting isn't particularly bombastic.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Thanks for this bit - I had ignored (and remained ignorant of) the Celine line thus far, but will seek out samples now!

No performance issues with my bottle but I will add it’s about 11 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a fragrance that clobbers you over the head, that's for sure.

If you want something less transparent, VC&A's Bois d'Iris is worth looking into. It's extremely similar to the Dior.

Not weak. Drops off the scent trail on occasion and you'll smell it again from time to time. I really like it.
    Currently wearing: Hindu Kush by Mancera

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Rock72 View Post
    Anyone else had this experience with said perfume?
    My experience is the opposite. I have always gotten good performance
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm going to go against the general "grain" of the thread answers so far...I remember trying this at a Dior boutique in Beverly Hills. I then bought a couple official samples on eBay, and definitely noticed that it was weaker. Not sure if it's a "storage" issue, or some kind of batch issue, but that's my experience.

Basenotes Plus

I bought a sample and a bottle and my sample was stronger. Hoping the 2020 bottle just needs to macerate a bit.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove