Code of Conduct

Default Bought Mancera Cedrat Boise

Hello bought mancera cedrat boise batch 2020, it seems lil bit chemical and not long lasting. who has experience will it get strong after weeks or months ? and became more natural smelling ? thanks in advance .

Default Re: Bought Mancera Cedrat Boise

Mancera is known for some kind of "chemical" smell.
    That's how they do fragrances.

Cedrat Boisee should last at least 6 hours.

I've opened a new bottle of Aoud Lemon Mint a few weeks ago and also thought it was not that strong as I remembered it when I first sprayed it.
    But last week I went with 6 sprays and finally choked me out a little bit because it was really strong and lasted over 8 hours easily lol

So don't worry - if it's authentic I think it should be fine.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Cologne231 View Post
    who has experience will it get strong after weeks or months ? and became more natural smelling ? thanks in advance .
    Yes. Enjoy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Cedrat Boise smells pretty chemically to me. The vanilla and fruity notes hit me as very synthetic smelling. Cedrat Boise is somewhat in the vain of Aventus, but its different enough that it is it's own thing. Goes more fruity and more vanillic than the batch of Aventus I've tried.

Performance wise its very strong for me, I use 4 sprays and get hit with strong wafts all day. I can usually smell it for 10+ hours, although it quiets down after 3-4. Maybe you're going anosmic to it?

In regards to it getting stronger over time, it certainly could. My experience with Milano Cento was that it was weak and soft when I first got it. I wore it twice and had little to no performance. I put it away in my closet and came back to it the following spring and it was like a completely different scent, much stronger and richer. Hopefully Cedrat Boise will do that for you
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Basenotes Member tinfoilhatdude's Avatar

I have an older bottle, but it lasts 12 hours or more.
    A strong scent trail would last at least several hours, and I am able to enjoy the fragrance all day at work.
    It is one of the strongest modern bottles I have, as I'm not into Roja Dove or Areej La Dore. Those are stronger.
    But this beats any modern Chanel hands down. Maybe my Dior Homme from 2016 has close performance, but not much else I can think of.

Also, I don't find much of a 'chemical' smell. In fact, this smells natural compared to BDC, DS, Y YSL, and the other headache inducing juices I smell billowing from the Dillard's counter.

Enjoy!

Basenotes Institution

Congrats and Enjoy!

Basenotes Plus

Great smell and performance for me.

It does smell synthetic, but to me Mancera/Montale are the apex of chemical perfumery. You know it’s all fake, but if it smells good, who cares?
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne
    Currently wearing: Greyland by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    It does smell synthetic, but to me Mancera/Montale are the apex of chemical perfumery. You know it’s all fake, but if it smells good, who cares?
    Yes!
    And I think - though it's a really synthetic smelling one - Instant Crush is a much better fragrance than BR540.
    This stuff is insane - also regarding "compliments" lol

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Yes!
    And I think - though it's a really synthetic smelling one - Instant Crush is a much better fragrance than BR540.
    This stuff is insane - also regarding "compliments" lol
    I still prefer BR540 to Instant Crush, but it’s definitely strong as hell. Very true about the positive attention it garners.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Louis Vuitton On the Beach
    3. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    4. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    5. Mugler Over the Musk

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Great smell and performance for me.
    do you have 2020 batch ?

Basenotes Plus

I don't own a bottle but I sampled some newer juice recently and didn't find any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    I don't own a bottle but I sampled some newer juice recently and didn't find any issues with it.
    so idk why is my mancera chemical and not long lasting. maybe it needs time .

so idk why is my mancera chemical and not long lasting. maybe it needs time .
    The chemical smell just might be that you're not a huge fan of how synthetic it is. It's a very synthetic smell, but by no means a bad one. Give it time to macerate in the bottle and it may grow on you, although I wouldn't expect it to smell natural as no Mancera I've encountered to date really does. One last thing, did you buy it from a reputable source/trusted grey market vendor, because Mancera bottles are super easy to replicate. If it's an ebay purchase or something that came at a price that seemed too good to be true then there's a chance you've got a fake.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

The chemical smell level probably won’t decrease as others have said. Maybe there’s something in it that you’re anosmic to and can’t pick up? Given the synthetic nature of the beast, it might just be that you can’t pick it up very well. I’m hesitant to say maceration and time will help because that hasn’t been my experience with any Mancera frags.
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne
    Currently wearing: Greyland by Montale

Thanks for answers!!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yes. Enjoy!
    Did you have the same situation with this fragrance ?

Where did you buy it from?
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

From trusted store there i buy fragrances maybe 20 years.

Could just need time to open up after a few wears, have you tried applying it to clothing cotton undershirt works good might just be a skin issue.

tester that i sampled before buying lasted 14 hours(last 6 o r so as a skinn scent) but was more natural soft and creamy, mine that i bought is harsh and chemical and not long lasting(4-5 hours max), smell is very similar but more chemical and unpleasent in moments. maybe it needs time. thats why i asked if someone has the same experience with cedrat boise. or how long does it need to get more smooth and performing.

tester that i sampled before buying lasted 14 hours(last 6 o r so as a skinn scent) but was more natural soft and creamy, mine that i bought is harsh and chemical and not long lasting(4-5 hours max), smell is very similar but more chemical and unpleasent in moments. maybe it needs time. thats why i asked if someone has the same experience with cedrat boise. or how long does it need to get more smooth and performing.
    Could also be a bad bottle it happens, try returning it for a new bottle.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Could also be a bad bottle it happens, try returning it for a new bottle.
    True.

Thanks for answers !! how long will it take to macerate mancera cedrat boise ? should i use it while i macerate it or just leave it alone ? and how long ? thanks in advance.

hello guys. i think that chemical is gone and fragrance becomes more smooth and creamy ? longevity is the same yet. is it miracle ?

Basenotes Plus

hello guys. i think that chemical is gone and fragrance becomes more smooth and creamy ? longevity is the same yet. is it miracle ?
    Perhaps. Enjoy it in good health!