Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo Cedrat 37 (Berlin)

Anyone have any news on this one? It's new for this year. Le Labo posted about it on Instagram a day or two ago. I plan on checking it out this weekend. I really hope it's good because I love Berlin, but knowing Le Labo, it might just smell like ambroxan after an hour or two.

ETA: Oh, I just checked out reddit. Apparently the notes are yuzu, ginger, and tea.

The Le Labo boutiques are starting to get the testers in now, so I'm going to drop by this afternoon.
    Currently wearing: Poivre 23 by Le Labo

Default Re: Le Labo Cedrat 37 (Berlin)

Ohhh, sounds interesting. Guess I'll stop by the Le Labo in the Wynn to smell it.
    Currently wearing: Tabac 28 by Le Labo

Basenotes Institution

Will stop by the boutique in lower NYC and check it out when I get a chance.

Basenotes Plus

Is it a city exclusive or normal release?
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    Is it a city exclusive or normal release?
    It's the City Exclusive for Berlin, as indicated in the thread title, but the City Exclusives will be in all stores again in a few days.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    It's the City Exclusive for Berlin, as indicated in the thread title, but the City Exclusives will be in all stores again in a few days.
    That’s what got me confused, didn’t realize how close we are to Sept already.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    That’s what got me confused, didn’t realize how close we are to Sept already.
    August is the month to watch out for. That's when the testers are out and the samples are available to purchase.

I dropped by the Le Labo near me earlier this afternoon, but they won't have the testers out until this weekend.

However, there ll be a regular release this year too named The Matcha.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Worth a sniff when it makes its way into retails.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Would consider trying.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Picked up a sample of Cedrat 37 today. I like it.

Le Labo's description:

"Freeeeeedom! Cedrat 37 is a delicate balance of Cedrat and Ginger - fresh, acidic, and with an addictive candied sweetness - resting on a foundation of sensual Le Labo-ness which often means woods, musks, and a generous note of ambergris.

"If it were a city it would feel like Berlin, embracing a joyous, thick-skinned, and solar freedom. Even when it rains. Do you beg to differ? We hope you do. But smell it first."

It kind of opens as an herbal, aromatic citrus before transitioning into the ambery, musky Le Labo drydown. It's one of the more masculine-leaning Le Labos.

I got to smell this in a le labo store. Nice open, fresh and citrusy, a touch sweet. I didn't get particular cedrat (ie citron). As most citruses, it becomes light quite soon and as said it turns into a fresh woody amber. Vastly overpriced for what it is. It seems the recent city specials are citruses, I guess it means they sell well. Interesting also that a city like Berlin, supposed to be edgy and interesting, gets a safe thing like a citrus.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    It seems the recent city specials are citruses, I guess it means they sell well. Interesting also that a city like Berlin, supposed to be edgy and interesting, gets a safe thing like a citrus.
    I can understand the safer citrus scents for the Asian cities, but this one didn't really capture much that I associate with Berlin, which is my favorite city in the world.

Very lazy release and maybe the weakest in the whole Le Labo line. Smells almost identical to Dior Homme Cologne. You could buy the same juice of the same quality in the Zara store.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw