Code of Conduct

Default Do any of these stand out?

Hello everyone, Zhang Fan here with another question! I am wondering which of these you like best. I like classic perfumes, especially such as powdery, iris, vanilla, white floral, musky, and so on. Maybe in total I will choose two. Thank you!

Chanel No. 19 Poudre
    Dior Hypnotic Poison
    Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    Gucci No. 1
    Histoires de Parfums 1725
    Histoires de Parfums 1889
    Houbigant Iris des Champs
    Jean Patou 1000 edt
    Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige
    Nicolai Patchouli Intense
    Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    Serge Lutens Jeaux de Peau

Default Re: Do any of these stand out?

There's quite a few great choices, many of these modern releases.

If you to select one Gucci No 1 would be a great starting point.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I have a strong soft spot for 1725 and 1899 which are both my favourites of that brand. Both gentlemen classic with a clear niche twist.

Teint de Neige is a good choice if you want a straightforward and clean laundry like powdery fragrance (powdery to the max, my gf sprayed the sample empty every evening on bed sheets)
    Serge Luten's Filles en Aiguilles is a great fragrance, but does not really match you description of what you seek here as it is rather spicy and incensy.
    Do not know the others

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

The ones below:

Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    Histoires de Parfums 1725
    Histoires de Parfums 1889
    Nicolai Patchouli Intense
    Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    Serge Lutens Jeaux de Peau
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

From this list, very inclined to recommend especially the first two: No. 19 Poudre and Hypnotic Poison

1725 is a classic fougere. I like also Patchouli intense and Jeux de peau (Jeux de peau is very gourmand, though).
    cacio

If Gucci No. 1 is referring to the initial 1976 vintage version of Gucci Pour Homme, it is excellent.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Of your list Chanel No.19 and Patou 1000.

That said, I’d suggest you try the various version of No.19 first (EDT, EDP, Parfum, Poudré EDP). I personally find EDP to be the most beautiful, but opted for EDT because easier to wear for me. Parfum and Poudré are great too, but really ultra feminine.

As for Patou 1000, I’ve heard that the vintage is really worth chasing. Warning! This one too leans quite feminine.

The others on your list are forgettable, in comparison of these two.

Gucci No 1. - if you are referring to the version from the 2000s is great - when I want to feel like a lumberjack and feel okay. Woodiest scent I ever came across.

Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige - pretty good, but I bought it for my wife.
    Regards,
    Renato

Oh, I love Hypnotic Poison and actually wore it out many times

Teint de Neige is also fab but I bought for my partner -- just too fem for me

1725 is a nice 'go to'

Thank you! For Gucci No. 1, I am talking about Guy Robert's perfume for women. Maybe my name is not correct. Here is a link:

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...fum-11893.html

Basenotes Institution

HDP 1725

I decided to choose 1000. I found a good price for this! If it was not so low, maybe I would choose 1725. I want that one very much!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by ZhangFan View Post
    I decided to choose 1000. I found a good price for this! If it was not so low, maybe I would choose 1725. I want that one very much!
    You made a good choice.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.