Code of Conduct

Default Could you help me identify my mom's purfume bottle?

Good day everyone, my mom handed me this nice little glass bottle the other day. She says it was given to her when she was a child in Arizona and wasn't told what it was. She is very curious about it's origins. I have ascertained that it's a perfume bottle given it's size and some help. So now I find myself here. It is about an inch and a half in height.

Sorry about the photo of the text, it just wouldn't photograph very well. The text reads:

"HP BOTTLE 4

MADE IN FRANCE"

The word "France" didn't totally fit so it is the word that is curling upward at the end there.

Any help identifying this mystery bottle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Could you help me identify my mom's purfume bottle?

Pretty bottle! I have not seen a commercial bottle like that before. In other words, I donít think it was sold with a specific perfume inside.

I think it is decorative bottle for the vanity table or case. Perhaps part of a set.

Letís see what others think.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Rochas by Rochas

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    Pretty bottle! I have not seen a commercial bottle like that before. In other words, I don’t think it was sold with a specific perfume inside.

I think it is decorative bottle for the vanity table or case. Perhaps part of a set.

Let’s see what others think.
    This is what I think as well.

To put a bottle like this into mass production would be labor intensive and pricey.

As noted by grayspoole, this was probably a decorative bottle people filled with their favorite fragrance.

I’m also curious to hear what others have to say! You could also take this to an antique appraiser or someone of the like to get their take.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

HP on the bottom of the bottle indicates it was made by Pochet et du Courval. They made a lot of bottles for commercial perfumes, but also non-commercial bottles.

I agree with others that it was a non-commercial bottle i.e. it was a pretty bottle for a woman to decant her favorite perfume into and keep on her vanity.

Here's a bottle just like yours with an appraisal and informative remarks:

https://instappraisal.com/appraisal/...ve-woman-dress

Wow, that was a lot more specific then I was expecting. Thank you so much! She is thrilled to actually know what it is after so long. Thanks again!