Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Default Current Guerlain Homme EDP as a Replacement for the Original EDT?

Guerlain Homme EDT has probably been my number one dumb reach scent. Fairly clean and modern, but smoothly done without any harshness or weird bits sticking out. Works well in both cool and hot weather. My bottle is coming to an end and I wanted to see what people thought about the current EDP vs the original EDT and whether it's worthwhile considering it as a replacement.

For what it's worth, I didn't like the intense release. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't as easy wearing and versatile as the EDT. I thought BdC EDT might play a similar role, but there's something gritty in the base that sticks out and annoys me.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Blog Entries

Default Re: Current Guerlain Homme EDP as a Replacement for the Original EDT?

While I love both, I enjoy the EDP just a little bit more. I think you'll love it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Check out my Sale Thread
    Check out my Swap Thread
    My Fragrantica Wardrobe

The Homme EdT I ilke, but wears a little light for my tastes.

Let us know how if like the EdP Darjeeling.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

For me I enjoyed the Homme EDT more. Personally I would opt for another Homme EDT instead.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

The edt up until recently could be found much cheaper than the edp. Now prices have gone up and they cost about the same. The edp has a more cherry vibe going on compared to the edt while the edt has more almond in it.
    Just my opinion ...

Quote Originally Posted by Foamywax View Post
    The edt up until recently could be found much cheaper than the edp. Now prices have gone up and they cost about the same. The edp has a more cherry vibe going on compared to the edt while the edt has more almond in it.
    Just my opinion ...
    Isn't that Ideal?
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

EdT works best for me. Worth tracking down.

Yeah sorry I got them mixed up.
    I was talking about Ideal.
    Having said that I own Guerlain Homme edt and edp.
    The edp is a bit richer and longer lasting than the edt but I kind of prefer the edt.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

IMO the EDP is a worthy replacement.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I loved the EDT but do not like the EDP. It’s much more formal and “mature” than the EDT. AdP Colonia Club you might like as a fresh warm weather option.

I've had both and purchased the EDP last time as a 'go to' also.

It was equally as nice as the EDT imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    IMO the EDP is a worthy replacement.
    +1 excellent stuff!
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Last edited by 1234567890; 15th September 2021 at 11:03 PM.
    Currently enjoying:

Vintage Tabarome Prive, Floris Elite, Kouros, Paco Rabanne PH.
    Yatagan, Zino, Loewe Pour Homme, Eau de Armani PH, Boss Number One.
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

I see a couple of people mixing up Homme and Homme Ideal. Unfortunately Homme Ideal was a scrubber for me.

Looks like the EdP could work out, but I really need to sample rather than blind buy even if the two scents are very close.
    Hopefully one of the department stores near me has it and I can sample it once our current lockdown finally finishes.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.

I was under the impression that the Intense is now the edp.
    Currently wearing: Esencia Loewe by Loewe

Yes that's true. I believe the edt was phased out in favor of the intense/edp because of performance issues.
    The edt is a fantastic scent but has performance issues unless you overspray. When I hold my edt bottle to the light I see no fragrance oils. The edp on the other hand has a rich oily texture. I do this with alot of my fragrances.
    It doesn't really mean anything but it's interesting.

Likely to also recommend/second this a decent alternative

Haven't tried the EDT, but I do really enjoy the EDP, and (not that you asked) I like it much more than the L'eau Boisee flanker which vanishes on my skin. The EDP feels potent and smooth, with a decent amount of sparkle for an EDP, and I find it performs quite well. When my decant runs out I'll probably pick up a bottle.

Not sure how you'll fare in Australia, but I found a number of seemingly reputable sellers on ebay offering reasonably priced decants. Might be worth a look.

A decant might be a good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    For me I enjoyed the Homme EDT more. Personally I would opt for another Homme EDT instead.
    This...+1. You can still find them on eBay and they aren't overly expensive.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

The edt was quite cheap until recently and all now all of a sudden it's as expensive as the edp.